Are you a trained team leader hoping to find a host site where a short-term volunteer team can go?
Such a request recently crossed my "radar". Below, is a list of some UM approved host contacts that receive medically focused teams. Information courtesy of Lorna Jost.
- Salud y Paz - started by an individual volunteer (http://saludypas.org/). Wayne Wiley and his wife, Janet Chichester are the current individual volunteers working there for several years. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org. The Volunteer Team Coordinator is Kelly Craig who can be reached at email@example.com/.
- ODIM, Organization for the Development of the Indigenous Maya, JoAna Dwyer, who holds a masters degree in Social Work is the Individual Volunteer in charge of that project (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mission Guatemala - Tom Heaton, UM Clergy, placed by the Indiana Conference is the contact. His e-mail is email@example.com.
- Rhett Thompson, a UM Pastor serves as the UMVIM Coordinator for Panama appointed by CIEMAL (Carribean/Central American Methodist Conference). Rhett hosts teams going to Cienaguita, Panama in the Western part of the country near the Costa Rican border. He works with indigenous Ngabe living in jungle communities. Medical/Dental, health teaching, latrines and clean water have been the primary foci for that area. Rhett's e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- David and Cindy Ceballos, UM Missionaries were assigned to Panama about 2 years ago. David is a UM Pastor and Cindy an R.N. They are located about a 4 hour drive from Cienaguita and serve a different indigenous group. They are involved in building churches and also in hosting health/wellness and health teaching teams. The Ceballos' website is:https://sites.google.com/site/specialorg/church/ceballos. Their e-mail is email@example.com.
Willie Berman, GBGM Missionary hosts UMVIM teams to areas of Mexico. For more information contact Willie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Harrell is an RN GBGM Missionary in San Jose. Contact Becky for more information at email@example.com
Married couple and individual volunteers, Debbie Rissing and Jeff Wasilevich hosts teams to the high regions of the Andes on the border with Peru. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them on facebook at https://www.facebook.om/?ref=tn tnmn#!mision.fronteras.7?fref=ts
Team Leaders who may know about sites that they visit regularly are:
Honduras - Gloria Borgman email@example.com
Nicaragua - Teresa Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Mexico- (Rio Bravo) Karie Saunders email@example.com
Mexico - (Nuevo Progresso) Tammy Kuntz firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let Jane Dunn (UMVIM blogger) know at email@example.com if you know of other sites seeking health teams to host.