|Hannah Mafunda, Health Board Coordinator|
The Zimbabwe Episcopal Area of the United Methodist Church is seeking an Individual Volunteer with a strong background and knowledge of community health, budgeting and grant writing. This individual would work under the direction of Hannah Mafunda, United Methodist Health Board Coordinator. Requested date of volunteer's arrival is January 1, 2016. Preferred volunteer term is two years. Housing arrangements are in an urban, modern setting.
The optimal candidate will possess:
- Master's Degree in public health or related field
- Experience in designing/managing complex health projects
- 5 years experience in health related programs
- Ability to transform visioning into implementable strategies
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of principles of public health and community health education
Individual Volunteer candidates are required to attend a week-end orientation program, offered each quarter by United Methodist Volunteers in Mission. The program will address fund-raising strategies, housing/placement and cultural context.
To learn how to be an Individual Volunteer and the requirements, please contact:
Rev. Malcolm Frazier at email@example.com.